Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Day Out With the Family

I missed yesterday! I think that Saturday was one of the MOST uneventful days that I have had in years! Honestly I can't even remember what I did. So I was determined that today was going to be a little more memorable.

I really wish that I could figure Brady out! He goes for weeks and will sleep so soundly that you have to watch him closely just to be sure that he is still breathing. I love the sounds that a sleep like that produces. Then he has weeks like this one. Weeks when no matter how little or how much he sleeps during the day, he refuses to sleep at night. I don't know that I have been up this much with his during the night since he was 2 weeks old! On top of not sleeping during the night, for some reason he thinks that he needs to get up before 6am! I have told him over and over and over that "Mommy doesn't have to get up early anymore!" I guess that he just doesn't get the concept of sleeping late. I really hope this passes SOON!

So the cries began at 6:14am. I laid there for about a minute and then punched Terry and asked him if he would get up or should I. I knew all along that he would do it if I asked. That's the BAD WIFE in me! So, Brady and Terry were up at 6:16am. Mommy got to sleep until 7:45! We previously decided that we were going to make a trip to the mountains today for our annual "End of Summer" picnic in the park behind the Mast General Store in Valle Crusis. So, we all got ready and set off on our journey, all the while praying that the BIG BLACK cloud in the sky would pass. It never fails, we always get rained on when we plan a picnic. We stop at KFC in Boone on our way up and get our grub. It's not raining yet. Surprisingly enough, we actually enjoyed a rain-free picnic in the park and the kids got to play on the playground. It was very nice. Okay, Mom's ready to go home. Unfortunately, Dad has other things in mind.

For some strange reason, anytime we go to Boone, we ALWAYS have to stop at the Boone Mall. I guess Terry feels like he has to pay homage to the first Belk he ever worked in. I HATE THAT PLACE! So, we are off to Belk of Boone. And...it looks the exact same way it did the last 9 times we visited it. Then I let him convince me to ride around and pick out the CHRISTMAS TREE FARM that we are going to go to this year! You have GOT to be kidding me!!! The entire time we are listening to Christmas tunes and singing along. Anyone who knows my husband will completely understand and laugh uncontrollably at this image! I still can't believe that I have allowed myself to be overtaken by this crowd!

On the way home, we suddenly hear the tune of "Chicken Fried" by Zac Brown Band. I realize after a couple of bars that it is Terry's phone. He answers it and only hearing his end of the conversation I quickly can tell that I should start praying hard and pulling out our life insurance policies as soon as we get home! It was one of Terry's best friends from college, Travis. He was calling to see if my 34 year old, HEALTHY husband that has bad ankles and a fatty liver would like to join him and a few others for a game of FLAG FOOTBALL! And what do I do...I tell him to go play! Have I completely lost my flippin' mind? I am begging for all that is good in this world for my dear husband to return home with no injuries other than those that can be chalked up to being out of shape and that they will VERY QUICKLY pass without any home remedies from ME!

So now, while Terry is having flags pulled out of his shorts by several 30 something men, I am sitting here in my house listening to Michael Buble, drinking a glass wine and hoping that the cries I hear from the playroom are not accompanied by blood! Man this is the life!

No comments:

Post a Comment