Monday, August 24, 2009

It's Hard to Believe!

It is so hard to believe that I am going to take a beautiful little blonde haired, blue eyed girl that calls me 'Mommy" to first grade tomorrow! It seems like just yesterday that it was Wednesday, April 2, 2003 at 4:39pm. Alexandra Faith Gentle was born weighing 5lbs. 13oz. She was so tiny, but she was perfect! Her head was the smallest little round head that I had ever seen. Her eyes were so bright that there was no doubt where she got them!

I am a firm believer that everyone has their purpose for being here, and I immediately knew that being Lexie's mommy was my purpose in life. I had no idea if I would be good at it, but i did know that I was going to give it more effort than anything that I had ever done before! The instant our eyes met, it was love at first sight. She was and will ALWAYS be my "baby girl!"

She loves to sit on my lap before going to bed at night. She often asks me if I think that she will ever get too big to sit there. I always tell her that I will 80 years old and she will be 65 with grandchildren of her own and she will still fit on my lap, and that I will love holding her then as much as I do now! There is no greater love than that of a child and I embrace mine every day of my life. I can be having, what I view at the time as the worst day of my life, and all she has to do is walk into the room and look at me with her bright blue eyes and flash that million dollar smile, and I instantly forget why things were so bad.

So, tomorrow I will dress her in one of her new COOL outfits and braid her hair into long, blonde pigtails. She will put on her backpack that is bigger than she is that is stuffed with all that she will need to become a successful student. Then we will get into our car and I will drive the 7 miles to our local elementary school and drop her off at the door and watch her walk off and quickly become a 1st grader. Brady and I will venture back home where I will sit and watch the clock and wonder at every half hour how she is doing. If I can clear the tears from my eyes, I will attempt to make chocolate chip cookies so that when she walks in the door after school, she will remember that no matter how good or how bad her day was, nothing beats the love of her mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment